In order to expedite your return you must obtain a Returns Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) by submitting your request via our online Return Form. No merchandise will be accepted for return without an assigned RMA# obtained from Craftmaster Hardware. Once issued, RMA#’s are valid for 30 days and must be on the outside of every box returned. Shipping Charges and Keying Charges are Not Refundable, and the customer shall pay all freight on returns, unless there is a defect or clear error on the part of Craftmaster Hardware. Any returned goods sent back without a valid RMA# will be refused and sent back at the customer’s expense.
Craftmaster Hardware charges restocking fees based on the type of item purchased:
- Stock Items-25% restocking fee;
- Non-Stock: Varies per manufacturer re-stocking charges;
- Custom Items: Non-returnable. Custom items include customer factory-ordered items and all padlocks, cam & drawer locks that are custom keyed (matched to an existing key number), master keyed or construction keyed.
No credit will be awarded unless the returned items come back in saleable condition (including the original packaging), containing all factory-packed items and parts, and have not been installed. If there is any extraneous writing or tape on the factory-issued box the return will be refused and shipped back at the customer’s expense. Please use a secondary box to ship back your order, not the factory box that the product arrived in. The RMA number issued for your specific return needs to be written on the outside of all shipping boxes, which will make it easier to process your return faster.
No deductions from payment will be allowed until the returned items have been inspected and a formal credit has been issued by Craftmaster Hardware. Any “defective” material is subject to be returned to the issuing factory for its inspection and, if then deemed defective by the manufacturer, no monies will be issued until the manufacturer credits Craftmaster Hardware for the defective merchandise. If the manufacturer finds no defect, or defect due to faulty use, installation or abuse, the item will be shipped back to the customer at their expense and no credit will be issued. All Close-out items are non-returnable. All submitted returns are processed by Craftmaster Hardware within 3-5 business days. Credits can take from one to 14 days to appear on your account depending on the issuing bank.
Craftmaster Hardware is not responsible for any labor costs, which occur as the result of the installation of wrong or defective parts. Craftmaster Hardware is not responsible for lost shipments, as those claims must be filed with the appropriate carrier.
To make sure you are credited in full for the items you send back please adhere to the following:
- All returned items must be in saleable condition;
- All items must be free of scratches, dents & defects, and all item parts must be present;
- Returned items cannot have been installed;
- All items must come back in its original packaging with no extraneous writing, markings or labels on any of the factory issued boxes;
- All items must be returned within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
If you have any question or you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at our Toll Free number 800-221-3212.